The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Blurbs Beta blurb: Madreykin Reply To: Beta blurb: Madreykin

Darren Bodey

November 1, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Hi Amelie,

I love the sound of this book. It’s got all sorts of emotional and ethical/moral dynamite. I agree with you that your blurb gets the premise of the story across but that you need to bring them together. I’ve had a little go below at opening it up, hopefully that’ll help a bit. I’m sorry I’ve not had loads of time to look at it but wanted to have a go. I think I’m into my fifth quite different reworking of my blurb so I’m finding out how tricky it is myself. Anyway, here goes. Best of luck!

“When Joni learns of the Vestrits, a magical, deer-like creature hidden away from civilization, she allows herself to hope. Some say if you were to eat their flesh and bones, you could be healed of any sickness. She wonders if they could heal her brother, Noa, who has terminal cancer. Does it even matter if they could? The Vestrits have been protected since the dark days, locked away in safe sanctuary to protect them from the abuse of humankind…” (and so on with the bits I’ve not put in from your blurb)

X