Does this Sound Familiar?
- Do you struggle to find the time to really get stuck into your writing?
- Do you have so many ideas, but not sure which one to start?
- Do you fly out the gate with a new book, but hit the buffers and struggle to finish it?
- Do you sometimes struggle with confidence and question whether your writing is really any good?
- Do you lack writing mentors and cheerleaders who believe in you and your writing dreams?
- Do you lack coaching on craft and confidence, belief and mindset?
- Do you need people who will inspire and motivate you to keep you going throughout the month?
- Do you want accountability to take a big step towards your dream of becoming a bestselling writer?
A New Way to Support Your Writing Journey
- After four years of full immersion in The Bestseller Experiment podcast
- Interviewing writers who have collectively sold over half a billion books
- Over 300 hours of in-depth author and expert interviews
- Two movies deals & multi-book deals
- Hundreds of hours working with wonderful writers like yourself
- And spending a year writing and publishing our own bestseller...
...Now it's your turn! In 2020, The Two Marks - aka Desvaux and Stay - with their combined 50 years of experience in the Bookselling, Publishing and Coaching industries are launched:
THE BESTSELLER ACADEMY
COULD YOU BE THE NEXT BESTSELLER?
The Bestseller Academy is about nurturing the next generation of bestselling authors.
We’ve looked at the models of Universities, online courses, conferences and writing retreats. All have their benefits, but very few enable you to write and finish a book within a year. That's your goal in the Academy!
We've created a unique and immersive experience to nuture your writing dreams, help you take action and finish the best book that you know is inside you. We’ll be there to guide you all the way, get you motivated with practical, real-world advice and most improtantly, celebrate with you when you write THE END!
The Bestseller Academy has devloped the ACCCA Model for Writers - Coaching, Craft & Community, surrounded by Accountability and Action. Here's just a taster:
Exclusive Deep Dive Video Content
In-depth Masterclasses with relevant writing assignments to keep moving your book to THE END.
THE BESTSELLLER ROADMAP
A step-by-step roadmap with 52 courses which also recognises you are on a unique journey.
AUDIO VAULT of GOLD
The Bestseller's Guide to the Universe
Hours of expert advice in bitesize audio clips, searchable by topic.
THE BESTSELLER TEAM
Community, Support, Feedback & Help
The most inspirational and supportive community of like-minded writers.
LIFE COACHING for WRITERS
The Inner Game of Writing
Live & Exclusive Coaching with Mark Desvaux on everything from productivity, procrastination, self-esteem, belief and writing habits.
Improve Your Writing
Take your writing to the next level with Mark Stay. Live and exclusive coaching on plot, character, structure, scenes, critiques and more.
THE BESTSELLER APP
On The Go Inspiration
Over 250 amazing interviews and deep dives with bestselling authors who have sold over 1/2 billion books.
...and LOTS MORE!
Choose Your Own Adventure
The Bestseller Academy is an ever-expanding learning environment that grows with you.
DESIGNED AROUND YOUR LIFE
The Bestseller Academy is a premium writing, coaching programme and community for people ready to invest in taking their writing to the next level.
We recognise that many educational organisations expect you to work around their schedule and deadlines. We think this is an outdated approach. You want to invest in your education, but we want to honour that you are unique, and have a unique life. Many of our writers are:
- Single parents
- Entrepreneurs & business owners
- Working full-time
- Caring for children or elderly parents
- Dealing with teens
- Artists with multiple creative outlets
- Retired but busier than ever
- Holding down one (or more) jobs.
So we have designed the Academy to with work you. And the best bit… no exams!
Why This Approach Works
Alongside interviewing some of the world’s bestselling authors — Ian Rankin, Michael Connelly, Joanne Harris, to name just a few — since 2017, we’ve been working with over 200 writers - just like you — who have big dreams and aspirations. In this private community, we have seen the most incredible results.
Apart from the community declaring itself as “the most inspiring place online for writers”, we have also seen our writers grow to incredible heights. Many joined as:
- Writers struggling to start and finish a book
- Those lacking structure in their writing week
- People who had given up writing
We have watched these writers grow to:
- Finish their books
- Find agents
- Win major publishing multi-book deals
- Become bestsellers on Amazon
- See their books in major bookstores and supermarkets
- Get film deals
- Write in completely new genres
- Secure exclusive Audible deals
...The list goes on.
And did we mention the Awards? From this small group, we have:
- Two of the five shortlisted writers from 12,000 entries for Amazon’s Kindle Storyteller Award.
- Ian W. Sainsbury, winner of the 2019 Kindle Storyteller Award ($25,000 prize and potential option for an Amazon Prime series). His book The Picture on the Fridge has gone on to become a Top 10 selling Kindle Book.
- Lorna Cook, debut author of the Kindle Number 1 Bestseller The Forgotten Village, staying in the Kindle Top 100 for four months. It has sold over 150,000 copies, has eleven overseas/foreign language editions, won the Romantic Novelists' Association Katie Fforde Debut Romantic Novel of the Year Award and the RNA Joan Hessayon Award for New Writers.
- Many other long and shortlist and nominees for Awards including the Lucy Cavendish Fiction Prize and Comedy Women In Print (CWIP) .
We are taking everything we have learnt from working this group, and taking it to the next level in the Bestseller Academy.
Bestselling Author of Back to Reality and The End of Magic. Screenwriter of the movies Robot Overlords (Ben Kingsley, Gillian Anderson) and The Little People. Fifteen years with Orion Publishing Group.
Bestselling Author of Back to Reality, Professional Coach and Speaker for over twenty years. Bestselling Recording Artist. Teacher & Lecturer with over 10,000 students worldwide.
"If you have ever listened to our podcast, The Bestseller Experiment, you'll know that we want to inspire you to reach your writing dreams. We are excited to be taking this to a whole new level.
The Bestseller Academy has been in the making for four years, and we can't wait to welcome you to your new Writing Home!"
The Two Marks
What People Are Saying about The Two Marks...
MY SIX-FIGURE DEAL
"Just a quick message to say a rather huge thank you for all the inspiring, endless advice. Without the two of you and your fantastic motivation, I'm sure I'd never have got my ridiculous, out of this world, six figure deal.”
Lorna Cook, Author of the Kindle #1 book, "The Forgotten Village"
“Like the hundreds of other authors you have inspired along the way, you two motivated me to put fingers to keyboard once again. You have me believing I CAN be a success. Thank you for the inspiration and the amazing advice.”
I JUST PUBLISHED MY FIRST COLLECTION OF SHORT STORIES
"I would never have got this far without you both. Not only did you help me come to terms with 'being a writer' and identify what exactly I wanted from that idea, but also you have demystified writing and publishing in such a way that I stopped thinking of it as an insurmountable wall but as a path to navigate. Thank you... you've made me brave and excited about writing again, when I had spent a good many years doubting myself and my abilities."
I SNAGGED A GREAT AGENT FOR MY NOVEL
"I wanted to thank you. I benefit from your hard work, and wanted you to know that what you do matters and is greatly appreciated. I have to admit I was skeptical at first but you have thoroughly won me over with your enthusiasm, humor and insight."
YOU REKINDLED THE FIRE INTO A BLAZING INFERNO
"I have been working on my book for almost a year now. There was a time when the fire began to fade, but since listening to you, not only has my desire to write been rekindled it has grown into a blazing inferno. You have helped me remember that the fire does not control me, I control it. Thank you for the inspiration, and the gut check."
Is the Academy Right For You?
IS THE ACADEMY FOR YOU? DO YOU...
WHO THE ACADEMY IS NOT FOR
If you have ever listened to the Bestseller Experiment, you know we love to dream, but we are also realists. We pride ourselves on being honest, upfront, and saying how it is, but also having lots of fun along the way.
We’ve created this Academy for Dreamers and Realists alike, but we also want to tell you who the Academy is not for:
No Risk To You
We are confident that by joining the Academy you will be inspired to create your very best work. We also understand that it is a big investment for you and your career. If you are accepted into the Academy and feel that during the first 30 days it is not right for you, we will refund your fees in full, no questions asked.
The Two Marks
Choose between an annual payment or monthly installments
Annual Fee $1,990 USD
or $199 USD Monthly Plan
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
When is the Application deadline?
August 14th 2020 or when spaces are filled. Whichever comes first.
But I don't have enough time to write...
That's why we have created The Bestseller Academy. One of the first things we'll work on is your Writing Habits, and how you can fit writing in around your busy day. By the end of the year, you will have your finished book! If your dream is to write a bestseller, don't put it off for another year - you'll still be busy then.
Is the Bestseller Academy a course, coaching or mentorship program?
It's all three. The Writer's Roadmap guides you in writing your novel. Each month you have two live group coaching sessions a month on Craft and Life Coaching for Writers. You also get peer support for everything from beta readers, book covers, opening lines, blurb, first pages and chapters. Plus access to all the Academy's resources, tools and materials.
Do I have to be a "good" writer?
Every writer struggles with confidence. The Academy is designed to take you from wherever you are today to the very best you can be tomorrow.
But I am not a good enough writer to join a Writing Academy
We can't begin to tell you how many million-selling authors question their writing, even now! If you have self-doubts, we'll coach you through those as we dive into the Inner Game of Writing. You won't recognise the writer you'll become 12 months from now.
Will you teach me how to publish a book?
This course is about writing your book. We touch on many elements of publishing, and there is lots of expert advice around this, but the focus is getting you to THE END.
How long does the application take?
Less than 30 minutes.
There are three main questions to answer:
1) A brief overview of your writing adventures to date.
2) What you currently working on, or hoping to work on in The Academy (if you know yet).
3) What is your writing dream.
What does it cost?
$1,990 per year or $199 a month. Up to 50% Scholarships are available for those with financial needs.
Is there a payment plan?
Yes, you can choose to pay monthly ($199) if you prefer. You save $398 if you pay annually.
How do the scholarships work?
The scholarships are designed for people with financial need who would otherwise not be able to apply to the Academy. If you wish to be considered for up to a 50% scholarship towards fees, there is a section on the application form.
When will I find out if I have got a place?
Around 15 working days form when you apply.