The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums One Pagers Barb – One Pager Reply To: Barb – One Pager

Darren Bodey

October 29, 2020 at 6:27 pm

Hi Barb,

Congrats on being the first one pager! I checked the purpose of these out with Mark S. because I wasn’t too sure. If you go into the forum and click on his original link it has it there.

So, I don’t think you’ve done this as a pitch (which Mark says is common for screenplays but not for novels).

I feel this does lay out some structure which makes a clear path for you to follow. I think it’s really useful for that reason and I’ll probably try and do the same thing. It probably wouldn’t do any harm to keep on hammering into it as you go on with your book, to keep on track or re-align, I’d imagine. As it is one page it would be good to have a very clear conflict and character arc which, I think are in there anyway, but could be a bit more chiselled.

Having said that, if it is just for you, as long as you are crystal clear on how it lays out your book I think that’s what is important.

It’s great that you have such a clear overview of your book. Mine is still a bit of a mess and I’ve been at it for months!

In many ways I’m not sure if all that I’ve just said is nonsense. I’m on a lunch break at 2am and it’s all a bit witchy.

Keep well,

Darren

X