The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Progress Logs Liz Green: Progress Log Reply To: Liz Green: Progress Log

Adam Jarvis

October 20, 2020 at 3:03 am

Ugh – I know the feeling. When the pandemic hit we lost childcare, I had to transition all the courses I taught into online courses (including summer courses), and then on top of that our daughter (second child) was born at the end of April, right in the middle of all this nonsense. I’d stopped writing almost entirely from the end of March to the beginning of September, when daycare finally opened again.

When things got really crazy I turned to focusing on plot and story development, writing down ideas and segments for future scenes or random snippets of dialogue. This can be done at any point during the day (or night), whenever an idea comes to you, and helps to keep your story on your brain. It can add up to the 200 word requirement fairly quickly (even if it’s technically part of your outline, you’ll be able to use it in some way in the future). When things calm down a little you’ll be ready to jump back into it with an improved outline and lots of ideas to move forward with.

Don’t give up! And don’t feel bad about missing a few days, life’s going to do that sometimes. Keep doing what you can and you’ll get there!

X