The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Blurbs Beta Blurb for “Watcher’s Cycle” (or whatever it’s going to be called) Reply To: Beta Blurb for “Watcher’s Cycle” (or whatever it’s going to be called)

Brian Liew [YA-SF-GrimDark]

September 14, 2020 at 10:14 am

Here is a redrafted version after Adam’s initial feedback. I still haven’t resolved the ‘tying the overarching story to the four stories’ issue as I’m concerned that mentioning the ZR religion is a spoiler. Also, I added a little ‘formatting’ (forced new-lines, it doesn’t look good here)

It is eighty-four years since the Fall, when the beings called Watchers fell from the sky and told the people that they were not gods. Eighty-four years since people began to lose faith and the religion of [ZR] began to lose power.

It is now that [ZR] will reclaim its rightful power.

Desht, an acolyte, receives the greatest blessing of all: to be the vessel for the incarnation of an Enactor, and so to bring healing to people. But with little training provided, the world is a far stranger place than life at the Sanctuary or the Book of Stipulations had ever implied.

Nemzet, Heir to the throne, never wanted to be the Monarch of Kunna, never liked court life, so being sent away anonymously to school is a welcome escape. But things are not as they seem.

The Monarch is assassinated

The Heir is next.

In Derogony, the largest port of Kunna, the first recorded murder of a runner has occurred. When the Mayor interferes to corrupt the course of justice, Gion, another runner, decides to investigate what really happened.

Not all knowledge is power.

Not all truths set you free.

In the small fishing village of Jossis, in Artha, after the storm, two things washed up on the beach that would change the life of Kes forever.

One was a survivor.

The other, no one saw until it was too late — and it brought death.

X