The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Progress Logs Julie Jacobsen: Progress Log Reply To: Julie Jacobsen: Progress Log

Julie Jacobsen

September 7, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Tough week. Dave was off work so there was more time needing to be spent with him. Also, the going out of business sale started at the shop and has been more physically demanding than I ever imagined it would be. I have been exhausted which has made it harder to focus. I must figure out better self care if I am to survive.

Hardest of all? Seeing just how much work there is to be done on the book. I did not finish the read through. Only made it through the first section out of three (5 chapters out of 12). The goal was to read and then respond to it via journaling (gut reactions, questions, serious talks with God, etc). I have decided to stop calling it names (i.e. shitty 1st draft) because I did, in fact, learn so much in the journey. But if it is going to be something palatable to others, there is much work to be done.

THIS WEEK’S GOAL (9/7/20)

– Begin the actual work on Ch.1 and start putting words into the bank again.

– Complete my Dream Declaration and move to the next course.

– Figure out my work / life balance now that both of those things have shifted again. This means getting control of my desk again and re establishing priorities. Sorry BXPA, I’m going to try and save you for the end of my day once other things have been accomplished.

X