The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Dream Declarations Post your Dream Declarations Reply To: Post your Dream Declarations

Brian Liew [YA-SF-GrimDark]

September 4, 2020 at 10:37 am

Um… you’re making assumptions about me being focused and organised Smiley

I have a spreadsheet that has lots of data in it — list of names/words, calendar, distances and travel time matrices, word counts per chapter/section by POV, my character arcs, etc.

I use Scrivener’s book-with-parts template and make it one level deeper (folder per book, per part, per chapter, then scenes), chapter folders and scenes have the POV name in there title, all scenes/folders have the date(s) in their description as the first thing. Scrivener has a menu option that you can rename (I think its called ‘label’ by default, I named it POV), which lets me mark everything with a POV and the POVs each have a colour which you can show in cork board view and binder…

And, I still get confused, especially now as I’m reading ‘book 2’ which I am tearing apart and reassembling some of the bits to fit into the opus. but reading it to see what to keep and then reading what I actually kept gets muddled and I sometimes wonder “hang on, did I keep that? where is it now?”

X