The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Darren Bodey

September 3, 2020 at 10:51 am

Hi all,

I’m going to be a bit ropey the first fortnight of this because we’re moving house. The idea behind the move is to simplify our lives to spend more time on our interests, such as writing. So all good. I’m from Teesside in the UK but live in Mt. Barker, Western Australia. We’re moving to Albany soon.

I used to read literary fiction I suppose, and historical fiction, but since I’ve started my book I’m splitting my time between YA, urban fantasy and Northern (UK) writers. Currently reading a book set in Middlesbrough, near where I grew up.

I don’t follow authors as such, just pick up what I fancy at the time.

I’m working on a YA urban fantasy series with a historical, time-travel aspect. It’s set on the anglo-scottish borders and there are Border Reivers in it (I’d never heard of them either, to begin with).

I would love to just write something I’m proud of and Im confident enough to share with others. After that I’d love to write for a living. I’d also like to avoid being abducted by an Annie Wilkes type and having my ankles broken in a cabin out in the snowy countryside. As a minimum.

Nice to meet you all!

X