The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Mark Hood

September 1, 2020 at 9:08 pm

Hi everyone, I’m Mark. I live in Ludlow, a gorgeous town in Shropshire, UK.

I mostly read Sci-Fi, some fantasy, and a few thrillers. But I’m open to anything that’s well-written, gripping and makes me think.

Favourite authors – that’s actually a tough one. I do have a soft-spot for classic Sci-Fi (Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke et al) but the more contemporary authors are pushing the boundaries so much further. N.K.Jemison & Mary Robinette Kowal spring to mind, but there’s too many to mention. I’m always on the lookout for someone new, exciting and interesting.

I’m unsure what the best thing to work on for the academy will be. I have a trilogy-in-progress which might be a good candidate. Or a sequel. Or a new series. Chances are it’ll be a combination of two – one to work on, and one to marinate, so I can switch back and forth and keep working.

As far as my dreams – Neil Gaiman is a role model. I’d also like to write in multiple genres, not being tied down to one small corner of the writing world. Not to mention the critical and commercial success, of course!

X