The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Progress Logs Nicole Muchowski: Progress Log Reply To: Nicole Muchowski: Progress Log

Nicole Muchowski

October 28, 2020 at 5:00 am

Ooops. Lost track of time – Forgive me Academates, I have forsaken my progress log. My last confession… ‘er, update, was 10 days ago! 😯

I’m at 27K in my current WIP, which is great, since I need 3000 words to be “ready” for NaNoWriMo. I reviewed instead of wrote last evening, which was helpful. This is a new thing I’m trying: write unconstrained by facts for the first bit, flagging details I need to research later. By flagging the unknown details, I’m not going so deep down the rabbit hole of research. And, by allowing myself some research time, I don’t write words that I later *have to* delete because they were completely off base.

A kudos to the Marks and wisdom of many writers before me: I’ve written almost every day since starting the academy. I have to admit that, over time, I can see those incremental additions DO add up.

(I must admit, though, my 201 words days are very disappointing. Those are the days I see Dory).

Today was an acceptable day: 583 words and the characters came up with something unexpected that I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to keep and build on to.

X