The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Progress Logs Denise: Progress Log Reply To: Denise: Progress Log

Denise Ganley

October 14, 2020 at 4:42 am

Baby stepping into working on my editing project this week. Have not been adding new words to my drafting project, but I am working on the outline for it. Because I won’t be able to move forward without some idea of what is happening next- I’ve been stuck. And I am planning on doing a modified NaNo, goal of 30k words for both November and December each.

I’ve been working on the course work to see if that helps me understand my characters, plot, and outlines so far. I liked having to think about fatal flaws but had to google what some of those could be because I couldn’t identify it off the top of my head. I tend to have instinctual ideas about who my characters are so I could tell you if they would or wouldn’t do something, but I can’t always define them at first. So matching them to flaws was helpful. I also liked the idea of exploring why they are the worst possible person for the plot. I think that will be helpful.

I also have no idea who the murderer is and have been stumbling with that. I had some characters who were interesting but they had too much distance from my sleuth to be in the suspect pool where she could reasonably investigate them. But now, I think I have an idea on how to bring them closer and how to add reasonable suspects. I don’t know if it will work out, but I at least have something I can try and a possible way forward in the plot.

I had planned to be at the craft coaching, but had to miss again. I am glad they are recorded! Grin

X