The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Blurbs Beta Blurb: Feeding Jasmine Valentine Reply To: Beta Blurb: Feeding Jasmine Valentine

Rose Thompson

September 19, 2020 at 10:33 am

Hi Maryanne and Darren

Thank you for your feedback – I really appreciate it. I think it is urban fantasy, but I’m not that sure. Later bits of the story will be in a more nature bases setting I think. It’s actually a dual perspective narrative, so Daisy’s narrative is probably as prominent as Julianne’s but I found it very complicated to frame it that way. I will have another go.

Both women are discovering a magical side, Daisy comes to learn that she is a minor god, and Julianne kind of becomes inhabited by a magical spirit.

The goblin is just a man, but I think he is being used by someone magical to get to Daisy through Julianne, not sure yet.

Jasmine Valentine is the spirit of part of the city which is dying because it’s been developed into luxury flats that no one can afford to live in. I guess the idea is that a city needs the energy and dramas of people to live, so when you remove the people bits of it start to starve. This bit jumped into Julianne to try to access that people energy through her.

I hope that makes sense

Thanks again

Rose

X