The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Pippa Hillebrand

September 2, 2020 at 4:15 am

Greetings intelligent life forms.

My designation is Pippa, and I am definitely not a robot. I am South African, but currently living in The Netherlands.I will be moving back to South Africa in November – probably whilst also trying to complete NaNoWriMo (why make life easy right?).

You might be able to tell from my style of interaction that I seriously enjoy a good SF/Fantasy novel. But I would broaden that by saying I adore social commentary. Which then includes classic literature, cyberpunk dystopia, thrillers (although I don’t read many of them), and historical fiction.

Within each of those genres I have a handful of favourite authors. Charles Dickens and George Elliot are top of classics; Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, Neal Stephenson, and Erin Morgenstern lead SF/Fantasy (with notable mentions to Neil Gaimon and Terry Pratchett). And for a slightly lighter note Phillip Reeve does some fantastic steampunk/dystopia work.

During the academy I am going to be continuing on with a novel I began last October, and then built a whole bunch of during NaNoWriMo. The thing that excites me the most about it is the world I am building. Imagine a world where elemental magic exists, but technology has also advanced – well past what we have today. That is the setting for my fantasy adventure.

My biggest writing dream is to have my world adapted for a tabletop RPG (you know, like Dungeons and Dragons but not that), and to allow people everywhere to tell their own stories in that world.

Super excited to see where this adventure takes us, and looking forward to getting to know all of you incredible academates on the way.

X