The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Nicole Muchowski

September 2, 2020 at 3:55 am

Hello Everyone, I’m Nicole writing to you from Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada, originally from Alberta (equal parts Edmonton and Calgary).

My fav genres: mystery, thriller, fantasy, historical fiction.

I had been reading a lot of Dr Seuss and Roald Dahl until recently, but before that I read a lot of Lindsey Davis, some Terry Pratchett, some Dan Brown. I’ve also been taking dusty books off the shelf: The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, Taltos by Anne Rice, to see if they should continue to move house with me again, again, again. It’s time, though, to go explore new authors out there!

My current work is a three-part series set in pre-history with a little bit of magic. I’ve been working on it nearly a year. But I may consider a shiny new project for the Academy. I spent about an hour plotting (which I threaten to do often, but haven’t, before this) and in an hour I had about 1100-word-outline including a beginning, middle and end. It would fall under thriller.

My writing dream is two-fold: write and publish/have trad published work that brings in enough income to allow me to be self-employed. But the artist in me also wants to write stories that will move people, allow people to see the world differently.

X