The Bestseller Forums

Get feedback, ask questions, find answers

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself

Adam Jarvis

September 2, 2020 at 12:05 am

Hey everyone, I’m Adam and I hail from Ottawa, Canada.

I primarily enjoy scifi/fantasy, though I will admit to reading almost anything recommended to me. Current favourites include the Discworld series (Terry Pratchett), the Kingkiller Chronicle series (Patrick Rothfuss) and the Stormlight Archives series (Brandon Sanderson).

I admit to being a little uncertain as to what I want to pursue in the academy, whether I wish to continue with a current work-in-progress or start something new. I have a short YA fantasy themed around linguistics and string theory that is in its fifth draft but needs plot polishing, which would make for an interesting test project. I have a much longer fantasy novel in its second draft that needs a complete rewrite, as its themes are all over the place, which would also be fun to pursue. On the other hand, as I’m sure with many of us, there’s no shortage of ideas, and we’re here to learn, right?

The end goal is to quit my job and make a living from writing. I have a three-year-old son and a four-month-old daughter and I would love it if they could read my books when they are old enough.

Looking forward to working with all of you!

X